Thirteen volunteers followed a series of workshops offering training about composting, led by Ms Edith Smeesters, biologist and speaker. The training was intended to prepare specialists in household composting – master composters – who will be able to share their knowledge with the community as volunteers. These master composters are there to give you sound advice and answer your questions, such as:
- What materials can be composted and which ones cannot?
- How often should the contents of the compost pile be turned?
- Which are the best tools to use?
- Is one model of composter better than another?
- Can I continue to make compost in the winter??